Forget gate count
Facebook to geolocate people around the building
· Haunted library – theater arts do it – storytelling
· Story time for ELC equivalent
· Therapy dogs
· Art workshops
· Speaker series (banned books)
· Opening receptions for exhibitions
· Faculty Pub Night
o Call for proposals
o 9 faculty present
o With pub food
o 7 years so far
Collaborate with many partners
Plan 5-8 months ahead
Think about assessment
Used to collect paper forms – still do
Word of mouth is best marketing
Reaching out to individual faculty members instead of flyers
1. Be specific (will learn, change behavior)
2. Measureable (no more than 2 indicators)
3. Focus on what participants will do
How do we measure this?
Human library event
· Learning outcome: participants will recognize and/or demonstrate importance of conversation as a means to addres issues of discrimination, prejudice and stigma
· Survey to measure outcome
o Did you learn anything about discrimination, prejudice or stima? If so or if not, what did you learn?
This survey question is a shows a demonstrable change to perception
Long Night Against Procrastination event
8 pm – am
Quiet, structured, comfy
Bubble wrap 5 minutes
· Goal/Learning outcome – feel they made significant progress
o Rate elements of programs
o What did you accomplish
o What was the best part?
1. Why did you decide to attend?
2. What did you learn?
3. Was there anything that surprised you?
4. Demographic questions
5. Thank you. To be entered into our drawing for $100 amazon year end card
6. Join the mailing list
Make a big deal about end of year winner.
Feedback form on chairs at event