Monday, April 14, 2008

Seattle Public Library


floorplan
Originally uploaded by J Semenza
Okay, everything about the Seattle Public Library was cool. I loved how different flooring indicated different areas of the library. I liked how they RFID system checked books in and then sorted them into bins for return to branch libraries or shelves at the main library. I enjoyed the art and was impressed by the spiral of main stacks. You can get a very nice walk just by walking around the spiral of main stacks. The kids area with the computer mice that were colored like ladybugs were fabulous. I just wish my pictures of all of this fabulosity were better. Go check them out at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jsemenza/sets/72157604598950899/ -- Jenny

P.S. I really like the box for donations. I think this is a great idea for public libraries.

No comments: